About

Legacy Of Connecticut Plate & Art Glass Co., Inc.

Family Owned and Operated Since 1914

The Connecticut Plate & Art Glass Company began in 1914, when Sam Cohen, a Russian Immigrant escaping persecution, came to Bridgeport and established a horse & wagon peddling enterprise. He eventually planted roots as a hardware store on Main Street, which eventually evolved into a glass business.

Sam’s two sons, Benjamin and Manny Cohen, and daughter, Bea Barnett, joined the business upon completing their education, and carried it on after Sam’s retirement. Lew Cohen, Sam’s grandson, joined the business as the third generation continuing the legacy of Connecticut Plate & Art Glass Company, Inc.